If you haven’t started holiday shopping yet, there’s still time. It can be difficult to find that ‘perfect’ present for your loved ones, so we’re here to help with a list of some of our favourite products of the year, geared towards Apple fans and beyond.
- iPhone XR (starting at $1029 CAD) – Click here to read our review. Great upgrade if you’re on an older iPhone. Portrait mode with the wide angle lens is better versus iPhone XS/XS Max, while battery life is the longest of any iPhone available.
- Apple Watch Series 4 Nike+ (starting at $519 CAD) – Click here to read our review. Larger screen, faster, more refined. The Apple Watch to get if you’re upgrading from Series 2 or older.
- Apple TV 4K (starting at $229 CAD) – more and more streaming options are on Apple TV for cord-cutters. Buy from Costco.ca and use the $20 off $100 MasterPass deal to save more.
- iPad Pro (starting at $999) – Face ID technology in a new design. Luxurious hardware that will cost you big time; still functions like an iPad of years’ past, but there’s a new Apple Pencil. Click here to read our review (still hard to put down).
Smart Home and Speakers
- Sonos Beam ($499) – upgrade the sound on any TV, plus works with Alexa to allow you to use your voice to control your TV (requires HDMI ARC). Click here to read our review.
- Nest Hello ($299) + Google Home mini ($79): the ultimate smart doorbell combo. Facial recognition, wide angle, night vision, 2-way audio plus 24/7 HD recording. One tap replies to delivery couriers. Google Home mini acts as a doorbell you can place anywhere in the home. “Someone is at the front door.” Or “Steve Jobs is at the front door.” We love ours, despite requiring a Nest Aware subscription to get all the benefits.
Other Gift Ideas
- PodPocket ($24.99 on Amazon) – never lose your AirPods ever again. We’re using these and they are awesome (we lost our first pair of AirPods fml).
Hopefully, this gift guide helps your holiday shopping list for 2018! Let us know what you’re going to be shopping for in the comments.