Apple today released a record-breaking 11th beta of iOS 12. The company has never released so many iOS betas before. Like with previous beta releases in recent times, iOS 12 beta 11 is a relatively minor update and does not bring anything new to the table.
The latest developer beta of iOS 12 brings up about a new animation for the App Switcher UI on the iPad. The animation flow in from the left edge of the display and clearly point to Apple bringing its iPhone X-like navigation system to the iPad with iOS 12.
Other than this new animation, Apple has not introduced any other changes with iOS 12 beta 11. Even in terms of performance, the latest beta performs the same in Geekbench benchmark when compared to the previous beta.
Despite 11 beta releases in, iOS 12 still has some lingering bugs. Below is the official release note of iOS 12 beta 11 from Apple:
• While signed in with a production account and testing with a sandbox account, attempting to fetch a new valid receipt displays a sign-in prompt for the production account with no option for switching to the sandbox account. (42862150)
Workaround: For testing purposes, StoreKit calls such as making a purchase and restoring transactions will fetch a new receipt. Alternatively, sign out of the production account.
CoreGraphics Known Issues
• Various CoreGraphics calls have been hardened against continuing with invalid parameters. In iOS 12 beta, these calls may now return NULL or return early. (38344690)
• Support for quantized models (≤ 8-bit linear and/or lookup table)
• Support for flexible image sizes and multi-array shapes
• Batch prediction API
• Support for custom models
• Support for Create ML models (Vision Feature Print, Text Classifier, Word Tagger)
• Inviting iOS 11 users who have multiple email addresses associated with their Apple ID to a home might not succeed. (41033550)
Workaround: Send the invitation to a different email address or phone number associated with the Apple ID of the iOS 11 user.
• Traffic data might not be displayed. (43254370)
Workaround: Tap the ‘i’ button to reveal Maps Settings and toggle the Traffic switch on.
• When a queueTransaction is performed on applicationQueuePlayer to modify the position of a song, the queue returns unchanged. (39401344)
Phone and FaceTime
• Group FaceTime has been removed from the initial release of iOS 12 and will ship in a future software update later this fall.
• In iOS 12 beta, Camera Effects in Messages is available only on iPhone SE and iPhone 6s or later and is unavailable on iPad. Camera Effects in FaceTime is available only on iPhone 7 or later and is unavailable on iPad.
• Wi-Fi calls might end unexpectedly when transitioning from Wi-Fi to cellular while on the T-Mobile network. (39251828)
You can find the complete iOS 12 beta 11 change-log from Apple from here.
Noticed any other changes in iOS 12 beta 11? Drop a comment and let us know about it.